Counting Coins Math Game
Want to add a little fun into your day? Then this math game is just what you need. What I like about this game is that your students get so absorbed in the game, that they forget that they are really practicing their math skills. The Counting Money (COINS) set focuses on counting money with coins. Players will figure out the value of the card and determine who has the highest number. This comes in black and white only to save on ink. I print on bright paper to make it more appealing.
This math game is part of Math Games 2nd Grade Set 3. Click below to see what’s included in that set.
Check out the huge savings by buying the huge bundle of all 3 sets! Math Games Huge Bundle of Sets 1, 2, and 3 (only $24.00!) Math Games Set 1 Math Games Set 2 Math Games Set 3
This game can be played with 2 to 4 players.
1. Deal out all of the cards face down to players. Place them in a stack.
2. Each player turns over their top card.
3. The player with the largest answer wins and keeps those cards.
4. If the player turns over cards that are equivalent, then it’s WAR time. Those players turn over their next card. The player who has the highest answer gets ALL of the cards.
5. The person with the most cards at the end is the winner. You can change it up to the greater value or the lesser value. Just determine the rule before the start of the game.
*NOTE: I have included answers for each problem. These are good to mix in the war game. You can also put these at a center and do a matching game or play as a concentration game.
**Please check back as I will be adding quite a few more “WAR” math games.