This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
Math Games 3rd Grade Set 1
Get all 16 games for only $10.00!
These would cost $48 if purchased separately.
Want to add a little fun into learning about different math skills? Then these WAR games are just what your kiddos need. This is a great way to differentiate. You can have your students working on different skills, yet all are playing the same game.
WIN-WIN!! The rules below apply to each game listed in this set.
My students love to play Math War! They even ask to play during inside recess.
I have formatted them to fit in the photo containers or pencil pouch holders. You can also simply put in baggies. You can print the name and directions of the game on label paper and stick on front of the baggie.
Set 4 is finally here! I have included the following games:
Still Need to add:
4 Digit Expanded Form
4 Digit Place Value (compare expanded form, what’s the value, standard and written form)
4 Digit Place Value (what’s the value?)
Check out my other sets below:
This is also printer friendly. No colored ink is used. To dress it up I have used AstroBrights colored paper.
This game can be played with 2 to 4 players.
1. Deal out all of the cards face down to players. Place them in a stack.
2. Each player turns over their top card.
3. The player with the largest answer (or number) wins and keeps those cards.
4. If the player turns over cards that are equivalent, then it’s WAR time. Those players turn over their next card. The player who has the highest answer gets ALL of the cards.
5. The person with the most cards at the end is the winner.
You can change it up to the greater value or the lesser value. Just determine the rule before the start of the game.
*NOTE: I have included answers for each problem (where applicable). These are good to mix in the war game. You can also put these at a center and do a matching game or play as a concentration game.