This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
December Morning Work Second Grade
Use for morning, homework or independent work. Looking to add rigor to your morning routine or really anytime throughout the day?
If so, then this December Daily Language is just what you need. I have been using this in my own 2nd grade classroom for 4 years now. It is amazing to see the growth each student makes by the end of the year. This set includes 20 pages of daily language work. You can use this many different ways: morning work, homework, seat work, or early finishers.
I chose skills that second grade students would be working on this time of year. The pages gradually get harder and skills that are covered in the earlier pages are revisited throughout the month.
**Includes an answer key for each page.
**There are 5 page layouts: (Repeat 4 times for a total of 20 pages)
These are the skills covered.
- First Layout: (Making Words, Complete or Incomplete, Collective Nouns, Adding -ed Homophones, and Blends)
- Second Layout: (Analogies, Sight Words, Nouns, Compound Words, Base Words, and ABC Order)
- Third Layout: (ABC Order, Sight Words, Read and Follow Directions, Is or Are, Writing a sentence, Blends)
- Fourth Layout: (Boggle, Riddles, Noun or Verb, Subject Verb Agreement,, Vowel Pairs)
- Fifth Layout: (Fact and Opinion, Long I Sound “igh” or “y”, Adjectives, Antonyms, Adjective Hunt, Unscramble the Sentence)
**Higher 1st grade and lower 3rd grade students would benefit from this pack as well. I will be creating November and and December.
January through May is already completed and listed. I plan to copy this to the back of my Daily Math set.
Daily Language Sets:
DAILY MATH SETS:
SAVE BIG BY BUYING THE BUNDLE!
YOU WANT BOTH MATH AND LANGUAGE? CLICK LINK THE LINK BELOW: