This post may contain affiliate or referral links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy.
100 Less War Math Game
Want to add a little fun into your day? Then this war game is just what you need.
What I like about this game is that your students get so absorbed in the game, that they forget that they are really practicing their math skills. The 100 LESS set includes adding 100 a variety of different ways. Such as expanded form, addition, place value and lots more. Players will figure out what number they have, then minus 100. The person with the biggest number wins. I have labeled each card with a letter so that if there comes a time when a student just doesn’t know the answer, they can look it up on the answer sheet according to that letter. T
his will also help you out if you are working with another student.
This math game is part of Math Games 2nd Grade Set 1. Click below to see what’s included in that set.
Check out the huge savings by buying the huge bundle of all 3 sets!
This game can be played with 2 to 4 players.
1. Deal out all of the cards face down to players. Place them in a stack.
2. Each player turns over their top card.
3. The player with the largest answer wins and keeps those cards.
4. If the player turns over cards that are equivalent, then it’s WAR time. Those players turn over their next card. The player who has the highest answer gets ALL of the cards.
5. The person with the most cards at the end is the winner. You can change it up to the greater value or the lesser value. Just determine the rule before the start of the game.
*NOTE: I have included answers for each problem. These are good to mix in the war game. You can also put these at a center and do a matching game or play as a concentration game.
**Please check back as I will be adding quite a few more “WAR” math games.